Niko Han began training Brazilian jiu-jitsu on October 28, 1996 at Rickson Gracie's academy in Los Angeles, California. He received his Blue Belt from Rickson Gracie on November 15, 1997. He continued training at Beverly Hills Jiu-Jitsu Club in Los Angeles, California under Marc Laimon, Ethan Milius and Marcus Vinicius, in December of 1998, where he was promoted to Purple Belt by Marcus Vinicius on June 17, 2000.
In October 2000 he started wrestling at the R1 training center in El Segundo, California under freestyle wrestling and MMA champion Ricco Chipparelli and Frank Trigg. He then joined the Wrestling Club of University of California Los Angeles in February 2001. In July 2001 Niko also began teaching the BJJ classes at UCLA, and at the same time took up boxing at the L.A. Boxing Gym and Bill Slayton's Broadway Boxing Gym in Los Angeles.
He started training with ADCC veteran, Eddie Bravo, and soon after, in May 2001 started training in Tarzana, California under BJJ and ADCC world champion Jean-Jacques Machado.
In August of 2002, he moved to Las Vegas, Nevada to train with Marc Laimon, at Nova Uniao Academy. There he also continued boxing with Skipper Kelp, UNLV's head coach. In Las Vegas he had the opportunity and great honor to train with many of the best grapplers and MMA fighters in the world.
Before returning to his home country Indonesia, he made a trip to Brazil in April 2003, to train at the Nova Uniao Academy in Rio de Janeiro under Andre Pederneiras, and also with BJJ and ADCC world champion Leo Vieira, Fernando Terere and Eduardo Telles in Sao Paulo, Brazil. Marc Laimon awarded Niko his Brown Belt on May 20, 2003 in Rio de Janeiro. Marc Laimon promoted Niko Han to Black Belt on February 14, 2008 in Las Vegas, Nevada.
In Bali on July 31, 2013, Niko had the incredible honor and privilege to reunite with his first and greatest Jiu-Jitsu Master, Rickson Gracie. Master Rickson Gracie awarded him his Black Belt certificate on October 8, 2014.
- Rickson Gracie Academy - October 28, 1996
- BHJJC - December 10, 1998
- UCLA Wrestling Club - February 12, 2001
- Jean-Jacques Machado Academy - May 5, 2001
- L.A. Boxing Gym - September 6, 2001
- R1 Training Center - October 17, 2001
- Broadway Boxing Gym - January 15, 2002
- Nova Uniao Academy USA - August 5, 2002
- Nova Uniao Academy Brazil - May 2003
- Master Jiu-Jitsu Academy Brazil - June 2003
- Cobra Kai Jiu-Jitsu Academy - January 2006-2008
- Gold Medal - Joe Moreira’s De Brasil Championship - June 1, 1997
- Silver Medal - Rickson Gracie’s International Jiu-Jitsu Championship - August 31, 1997
- Silver Medal - Bad Boy Submission Open - May 9, 1998
- Silver Medal - Machado No-Gi Championship - September 30, 2000
- Gold Medal - Pan American Submission Wrestling Open - July 28, 2001
- Silver Medal - Grapplers Quest West 3 - November 16, 2002
- Gold Medal - Desert Quest 4, 8-Man Superfight Tournament - February 15, 2003
- Silver Medal - Java Freestyle Wrestling Championship - October 10, 2004
- Bronze Medal - South-East Asian No-Gi Grappling Games - March 17, 2007
- Gold Medal - South-East Asian Gi Grappling Games - March 17, 2007
- Gold Medal - South-East Asian Gi Absolute Grappling Games - March 17, 2007